That’s right. If you are a Christian, you should not HAVE TO GO to church on Easter Sunday. Are you feeling the annual holiday guilt trip? Which scenario best describes your Christian dilemma?
I have to go to church on Easter Sunday because…..
- my parents would be disappointed if I didn’t attend.
- my spouse really wants me to go.
- my children should have some religion in their lives.
- I missed Christmas service so I need to go at least once a year.
- its a tradition since I was a child.
- if I go on Easter and take communion my sins will be forgiven.
So, if these apply to your situation, I have some great news for you. You shouldn’t have to go to church on Easter Sunday if you don’t want to. Stay home and remove those feelings of guilt. Maybe it is time to give up on calling yourself a Christian….maybe the flame has burned out?
Easter Is Special
The good news of the Easter season is that Jesus died for people that didn’t ask to be redeemed. He died for people who were “burned out” from “religious” traditions. Jesus died for people who were going through the paces of religion for their family. He died to become a focal point of people’s lives more than once a year.
If you are attending a worship service on Easter Sunday:
- you should WANT to be in church on Sunday.
- you should WANT to thank Jesus for dying on the cross.
- you should WANT to thank him for his gift of salvation.
- you should WANT to proclaim and affirm your faith.
How will you arrive at church this Sunday?
Will you WANT to attend or will you HAVE to be there?
The later experience will lack the joy of the Easter season.
All I ask is that you pray to Jesus that he will restore your faith or for the first time, reveal Himself to you in a new way.
Join Me on Sunday
Join me on Easter Sunday at Park Church in Tinton Falls, NJ. I will be attending the 9:30 am service, and I would love to sit with you. Drop me an email if you can join me: firstname.lastname@example.org. The church is located just a few minutes from the Monmouth Mall, near Exit 105 on the Garden State Parkway. Here are easy to follow directions.
Park Church is an amazing place to worship; come as you are. Families with children will be glad to know that the church offers classes on Sunday for children of all ages, so bring the family to church on Sunday. If you love music, you will love the singing and church band. So join me this Sunday and let’s celebrate our faith together.
Happy Easter everyone!